Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc.
San Antonio Alumnae Chapter
DELTA is who we are.
Home of Founder
Myra Lilian Davis Hemmings
Thank you for visiting the official website of the San Antonio Alumnae Chapter of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc.
Latest Chapter News
2020 Scholarship Opportunities
All HS Senior or Collegiate males or college students are invited to participate in a video contest.
Video Contest Theme: “Where Do We Go From Here?”
Currently, protests and demonstrations are taking place in the United States and around the world that were sparked by the death of George Floyd. Create a video that rejects symbols of hate and inspires hope for the future.
- Video uploaded to DropBox.
- Send link to video via email to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before September 28, 2020
- Email Guidelines:
- Subject Line: EMBODI 2020 Video Contest
- Content: Name, email address, school attending, grade and contact number.
- Length of video: 2 minutes or less
- State the title of you video. (Please do not include your name in the video.)
- Size: Minimum: 426 x 240 pixels – Maximum: 2560 x 1440
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9 or 4:3
- Currently enrolled in college or university
- Graduating High School Seniors 2020 and 2021
- Must be a resident of the Greater San Antonio Area.
- (3) $500 Scholarships – St. Philip’s College
- (2) $500 Scholarship – The San Antonio Alumnae Chapter of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc.
- (1) $500 Scholarship – Northeast Lakeview College
- (2) $500 Scholarship – Northwest Vista College
- (1) $500 Scholarships – Palo Alto College
Please submit video submissions to John Jacobs (email@example.com).
Note: You must attend the conference to be eligible for the scholarship award.
This scholarship event is a collaboration between the following partners:
- St. Philip’s College
- Northeast Lakeview College
- Northwest Vista College
- Palo Alto College
- San Antonio Alumnae Chapter of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Incorporated
Click links below for more information:
Dr. Betty Shabazz Delta Academy
Open to all girls ages 11-14 years old
“Catching the Dreams of Tomorrow, Preparing Young Women for the 21st Century“
The Dr. Betty Shabazz Delta Academy was established under the leadership of Marcia L. Fudge, the 21st National President of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc. as a way of developing new purpose, new skills and new leaders from the ranks of 11 to 14-year-old young women.
Recognizing that many of today’s young women do not have the opportunities to fully develop their personal and academic potential, the San Antonio Alumnae Chapter, of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc. seeks to offer supervised and structured experiences that will help participants grow to be productive citizens with high self- esteem and an appreciation for the demands of an increasingly technological society.
The Academy usually meets on the first Saturday of the month, unless noted otherwise on the Delta Academy calendar.
Open to all girls ages 14-18 years old
DELTA GEMS: GROWING AND EMPOWERING MYSELF SUCCESSFULLY
The Dr. Jeanne L. Noble Delta G.E.M.S Program was established in 2004 to provide a vehicle of change for young ladies between the ages of 14 and 18 to enhance their abilities and increase their self-worth, in order to achieve academic and Black girl excellence. The program’s mission is to provide young ladies with an opportunity to enhance their self-esteem, academic achievement, leadership skills, and cultural awareness. Through structured activities those who participate will evolve emotionally, socially, and intellectually and be prepared to take an active role in their success as they face the challenges of life.
Please click the links below for additional information & application: